Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Dana Blatchford, What A Fan Awards 2016 NFL Fan of the Year

Meet Dana Blatchford, What A Fan Awards 2016 NFL Fan of the Year Nominee. We are so pleased to honor devoted sports fans for their contributions to the explosive growth experienced by all aspects of the sports industry. Fans like Dana are a big part of that growth.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its has been held in Orlando Florida for the last three years and has now been relocated to Los Angeles California beginning July 15th 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a sports fan?

Birth.


Why should you be selected winner in your category?

I've been following the New York football Giants since I can remember. I'm born and raised in New England (patriots territory) but before the pats were in the league everyone around here followed the Giants . Thankfully my dad stayed following the giants when the pats came into the league so I grew up watching them with him. I try to make 4 or so games a year if possible ? I'm as die hard as it gets! My whole life through school I've battled with mouth and hands repping my Giants! I decorate my beard for games and been featured on NFL network a couple of times and all over social media. My life revolves around the Giants . Don't invite me anywhere no matter the occasion of the Giants are playing and that includes preseason . My wife always tells the kids" it's almost football season,say good bye to daddy"!!!

What triggered you passion for sports?

My Dad and the Giants.

Favorite sports moment?

2007 beating the undefeated pats in super bowl.

Who would you like to meet and why?

Eli manning . He is everything a pro athlete should be on and off the field.

What charitable programs are you involved with?

A company has released a cancer sucks shirt that has my beard twisted into a cancer ribbon and colored pink. The money for the shirt will go towards cancer research.

How did your character come about?

I asked myself one day if kids can use it in there hair why not my beard? So I started stencil my designs on cardboard pressing it on my beard ,spraying beard with color and BOOM.

How important is an award show for fans?

I think this idea is incredible . The fans are the heartbeat of the teams.

What would winning mean to you?  

Mean everything to me! Show everyone how passionate I am and my loyalty pays off.   

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and dedicated sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor!
www.whatafanshow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment