Thursday, January 21, 2016

Ray "TubaGuy" Bridges, What A Fan Awards 2016 NFL Fan of the Year Nominee

Meet Ray "TubaGuy" Bridges our 2016 What A Fan Awards NFL Fan of the Year Nominee. This Indianapolis Colts fan is been following his beloved Colts forever. We were first introduced to Ray by a fellow fan that sent us a feature story the local media did on him some time ago. It was such a great feature we tracked him down to honor him with this Nomination. Good luck Ray!

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its has been held in Orlando Florida for the last three years and has now been relocated to Los Angeles California beginning July 15th 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a fan?

My wife and I moved to Indianapolis the final week of 1986. When the NFL season started for 1987 we decided to check out our new "home team", the Colts. We became hooked and we've been going to games ever since! Season ticket holders, we've been to 18 different NFL stadiums, Super Bowls XLI and XLIV and hope to continue to add to our "away game experience" count! 

Why should you be selected the winner in this category?

I have been a "Fan Ambassador" of our team for over 20 years, encouraging local fans AND visiting fans to become involved when I play "CHARGE!" DISH Network named me as an NFL Ultimate Fan in 2006, recognizing my enthusiasm for my team and the sport overall. I LOVE NFL football!

What triggered your passion?

I was born and raised in central Ohio, the HEART of football country! I then moved to Canton, OH and lived 1 mile from the Pro Football HOF! I love the pageantry, the planning, the challenge, the adjustment, the entire "big picture" of the typical NFL game! So many life lessons parallel the game. I have been fortunate to forge so many friendships, both local and league-wide among NFL fans. NFL fans are THE BEST!! 

Favorite sports moment?

Standing in the stands in Miami, soaked to the bone, watching my beloved Colts finally reach the absolute pinnacle of the NFL! WORLD CHAMPIONS! My wife and I were there!! It was worth it, after so many seasons of futility, of being close, of "almost making it." Almost NO MORE!!!

Who would you like to meet and why?

I would love to meet and talk with Jim Irsay. While he certainly has his quirks, he has constantly strived to make his team competitive to fight for the championship every year. And he never forgets the FANS! He is a FAN'S owner! I appreciate having a total organization to be proud of! 

What charitable programs are you involved with?

I work closely with various Animal Rescues in Indianapolis. We have had 26 animals go through our home since we have been married. This year, I also hosted the Inaugural Bark For Life Walk with the American Cancer Society in Zionsville, IN.

How does your family feel about your passion for sports?

My wife is as crazy about our Colts as I am!! She was inducted into the Pro Football HOF as the FIRST Ultimate Fan representing the Indianapolis Colts. It is a TRUE family affair with us! 

How was your character born?

I originally took my horn to a pep rally over 20 years ago and played my 1st "CHARGE!" The fans went nuts! I was told I played it better than the recorded version the team used at the time. Somebody called me "TubaGuy" and it stuck!! And my bald head just SCREAMS for a giant BLUE Horseshoe!!

How important is it to you to have an award show for fans?

The FANS are an ACTIVE part of the sport. We bring enthusiasm, passion, volume...things that can literally affect a game. Outside of the game, fans have the opportunity to carry that passion into charities to directly positively affect their own local fanbase in areas of need. To be a FAN is a privilege, not just a right. 

What would winning this award mean to you?

To be selcted as the NFL Ultimate Fan would be vindication of everything I have mentioned above. Be a fan, be an ambassador, use your visibility for good. I believe that you can and SHOULD make a difference, wherever you are. This award would enable me to continue to make a difference and to grow my efforts in the future!

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and dedicated sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor!
www.whatafanshow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment