Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Ryan Shibley, What A Fan Awards 2016 Sports Parody Award Nominee

Meet Ryan Shibley What A Fan Awards 2016 Best Sports Parody of the Year Nominee. We are  pleased to recognize the talented artist behind some of the most entertaining and humorous sports parody videos in the world. This is a new category being introduced this year and we are so pleased to honor everyone Nominated in this category.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its has been held in Orlando Florida for the last three years and has now been relocated to Los Angeles California beginning July 15th 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
What's your favorite sport?

It's so tough to truly narrow it down because I really love Football, Basketball and Baseball. But if I had to pick my favorite sport I guess I'd go with Basketball and my favorite team the Boston Celtics. I played 4 years of college basketball at Emerson College in Boston and basketball has always been my # 1 sport.

How long have you been a sports fan?

I've been a fan of sports for as long as I can remember. I'm the youngest of 4 kids in my family and all of my older siblings were into sports so I was simply born into it. My earliest memory of being a sports fan is back in 1988 cheering for the San Francisco 49ers when I was 5 years old. I'm still a 49er fan to this day! 

Why should you be selected the winner in this category?

I should be chosen as the 1st Winner of the Sports Parody category because I've created so far 11 sports parody videos which vary in terms of music videos and sketches. Several of my sports parody music videos have found their way to TV and Radio in the markets of the teams that I've targeted. My Buffalo Bills "Playoffs" parody music video has close to 100,000 views already. My Deflate-Gate parody music video "Deflate it Nice for Brady" was voted a Top Five Deflate-Gate parody by the HOUSTON PRESS along with the videos created by "Saturday Night Live" and "Jimmy Kimmel Live". I have sports parody videos/songs that touch upon Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Golf and Tennis.

What triggered your passion for sport?

I love competition... I love training together as a team for that ultimate goal/prize... I love winning... I love the simple act of playing (and that goes for any sport)... and I love watching my favorite teams/players rip it up on Game Day!!! 

How did you get involved with producing sports parodies?

Well back in the summer of 2009 I created my first sports/comedy video which was a segment called "Sports Sketch Live" and it involved me as the news anchor. It can be found up on YouTube and that opened the door for me wanting to create more comedy videos. Then in October of 2011 I created my first two parody music videos that didn't yet touch upon sports. I realized how much I loved coming up with concepts, lyrics and music video ideas. So then in 2013 I created a 25-minute sports sketch comedy spec TV pilot which I kicked off with my first sports parody music video. From that point on I was hooked and I've since created 10 other sports parody music videos.

 Favorite sports moment?

It's a tie between the New England Patriots defeating the St. Louis Rams in the Super Bowl back in Feb. 2002 for the franchise's 1st ever title AND the Boston Red Sox knocking off the New York Yankees in the 2004 ALCS after being down 0-3 in the series. Both were amazing, both happened while I was in college in Boston, and they are 2 of the greatest sports moments the city of Boston has seen in the last 14 years of dominance in that city. 

Who would you like to meet and why?

I would like to meet either Joe Montana or Tom Brady because they are 2 of the Top Three quarterbacks of All-Time and they have led my 2 favorite football teams to glory!

What charitable programs are you involved with?

I currently donate to "Guiding Eyes for the Blind" and the "Special Olympics". I've been donating to each organization for many years now. 

How does you family feel about your passion for sports?

My family is a family of sports fans so they are very supportive of my sports passions and they enjoy watching the sports/comedy videos that I create.

How important is it to you to have an award show for fans?

I think it is extremely important because let's face it.... Sports fans make up a huge aspect of the sports world. Without fans, players and teams would be playing in front of empty stadiums and probably wouldn't even be showed on Television if there wasn't a big interest from the fans. Fans live and die with their teams and they show up rain or shine, great record or lousy season, and even during important life/world events. Fans bring the passion to the players on the field, bring life to the sports atmosphere, and allow these various sports leagues to thrive!  

What would winning mean to you?

Simply put.... It would validate all of the time, effort, money, excitement, and sorrow that I've put into my own sports parody projects as well as to what I've given to the various teams that I've cheered for throughout my life. It would be a great honor!

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and dedicated sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor!
www.whatafanshow.com

No comments:

Post a Comment