Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Bold City Batman, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Meet Chase "Bold City Batman" Thompson, 2015 What A Fan Awards NFL Fan of the Year Nominee. Now here's a combination of super fan and super hero. The Jacksonville Jaguars fan base is doesn't always get the recognition of others but you couldn't find a more dedicated and devotion fan then the Bold City Batman. His passion for his Jags is as real as it gets.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a fan?

Since the franchise was first opened in 95'

Why should you be selected winner in this category?

I am a very passionate fan. Through thick and thin I am there with my team. I travel to all away games (When my work and wallet agrees) I accompany my team to the draft every year to ensure that our new draftee's are kept safe (Batman don't play about his players) And over all I am in the North Endzone and its super HOT! Takes a true fan to with stand that type of Florida heat in a Batman mask! 

What triggered your passion for sports?

Going to games with my dad when I was younger. It was always a bonding thing for us. Helped bring us closer together. 

Favorite sports moment? 

Watching Scobee kick the winning field goal against the Colts and Peyton Manning.... Happiest moment of my life!!! after seeing my kids being born of course.

Who would you like to meet and why?

Will Blackmon. He used to play for us but ended up playing for the Seahawks this year. He actually bought me a pair of under Armour cleats that were custom with Batman because I rocked his jersey and repped so hard for him and our team. He is an awesome guy. Would love to meet and hang with him. 

What charitable programs are you involved with?

I am big in the Bold City Brigade. We organized clothing and food drives for homeless shelters in Jax as well as do auctions and raffles for the Bosseli Foundation here in Jax.

How does your family feel about your passion for sports?

They think I am Goofy for doing it but they support me and have a good time with me. Winning would prove I WAS RIGHT! ahahahah 

How was your character created?

My dad was a huge Batman and Jags fan so growing up I was taught that there is only ONE super hero.... BATMAN! And Being as our team has not been doing so well in the past few years it was evident that our team, our CITY needed a hero... THE BOLD CITY BATMAN was formed!!! And I know what your thinking... My mask is movie quality...

Share a humorous story with us?

We went to Washington last year for the Jag vs. Redskin game and upon heading to my seat I came into contact with a Redskin fan dressed as BANE! lol It was funny because everyone watched and laughed and then died when we went into a Rock Paper Scissor battle. bahahahah 

What would winning the What A Fan Awards mean to you?

Winning would help me spread the word that The Jags have some of the most dedicated fans! Through THICK and THIN we are with our team! No matter what... Plus it'd be pretty cool to brag lol

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 

No comments:

Post a Comment