Sunday, August 16, 2015

Ingrid Shugart McLaughlin, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Meet Ingrid Shugart Mclaughlin, she's a 2015 What A Fan Awards Ultimate Sports Fan of the Year Nominee. She is a fanatic for are sports in Cleveland, her passion runs deep. We are very excited to see a woman selected as a possible winner in this category and believe you me she earned it!

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
 Why should you win for this category?

I grew up in A suburb of Youngstown, Ohio. My mother died when I was very young and my best days was watching sports with my Dad and hearing stories about the Browns. I still remember when my father taught me how the game was played and could not wait to see my whole family get together to watch the games together. I was a cheerleader throughout my school days and my dream was to start a cheerleading team for the Browns. I still to tjis day have never missed a Browns game and join a group of Browns fans here in Florida. No matter what the results of the game I have never left or turned off a game till it was over. I met Lyle Alzado, Mile Pruit, Greg Pruit and keep up with every move we make with my teams, we may lose but I have something to look forward to every year. I play fantasy football and could tell you any player from any college or where they been. Football is my hobby, my life and is the happier times I have ever had. Even though Browns don't have a Super Bowl ring, I never give up on my fans or my team. I can't wait for every season. I only have sports radio in my car. I watch ESPN more than anything and blow men's mi da with my love and knowledge for my sports!

What triggered your passion for sports?


It is what I wait for all year! My Father is my inspiration. Now I look forward to my children that were born and raised in Florida that now love my teams because we have a great day every week planned to be together! Now they can't wait to the next season!

What does your family think about your sports passion?

My family can't believe my love for sports and the love and commitment I have for them. They ask me how I know so much about the players and they think I have a built in encyclopedia about sports. I tell them it's just my passion and it comes naturally because I can't wait for the next game or draft.

What would winning the What A Fan Award mean to you?

 I could break the curse in Cleveland and I will share our first ring with all of our fans!!!

 Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 





No comments:

Post a Comment