Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Seahawk Rooster, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Nicholas "Seahawk Rooster" Goins, 2015 What A Fan Awards NFL Fan of the Year Nominee. Known as the Seahawks self proclaimed, weapon of mass disruption, his outstanding character is a crowd favorite. His devotion is infectious, his personal mission is about unity among the 12th Man on and off the field. We love his inclusive spirit and outrageous public presence.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a fan?

August 2, 1976 - "To Infinity and Beyond" 

Why should you be selected winner in this category?

Feel I have played a very large roll in the current Guinness World Record held by the 12th Man at Seahawks Stadium, have been selected as the 'Most Spirited Fan" in Seattle, Supercharged Seahawks Fan, 

What triggered your passion for sports?

Laying down in front of the TV on Sunday mornings (when we could) and afternoons with family (where we all had our teams back in the day), then came Monday Night Football . . . . . All my life I've been a fan! There is no other sport like football!

Favorite sports moment?

August 2, 1976 when the Seahawks became an official NFL Team! 

Who would you like to meet and why?

Bo Jackson, because not only was he the baddest man on the field with the most talent and potential (a true superstar in all aspects of the word), but he did not let his injury get him down. He has shown me great leadership after his fall from fame and proven to me that he takes more pride in being a father than all other sports persons I've ever read about. That's leadership and greatness!

What charitable programs are you involved with?

MDA, ADA, Toys for Tots, 

How does your family feel about your passion for sports?

My wife has graced me with patience and great support, and my son is all in!

How was your character created?

I was inspired by the folks who came up with a team game day character (those who lined the walls of the endzone during a game). When out team took possession of out new stadium back in 2003, I found myself mostly the only one up and cheering and the other teams had a greater fan presence (this is where I made up my character title The Seahawk Rooster - first to cheer and support and loudest contributor). I wanted nothing to do with that situation of lacking support for the team so I have been on a march to challenge and dare any and all to be louder them me every game since. It's all about righting the ship to 'Greatness' since then. Now I want more than anything to bring all the fans together to perform at a level equal to out own team - and preach "Give It All You Got! This will make their contributions to the game, legendary! 

Share a humorous story with us?

Each and every time accusations are made here in our city of piping in crowd noise, my image is used in the local paper to assist in dispelling the notion/accusation!

What would winning the What A Fan Awards mean to you?

Stamp on leadership for the 12's. Give me more notice for the fans so I can bring them closer together. Would be an impactful event I need to get the media on my side in this town. 

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 

No comments:

Post a Comment