Saturday, August 29, 2015

Damon Dominguez, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Meet Damon Dominguez, 2015 What A Fan Awards Ultimate Sports Fan of the Year Nominee. Damon has been following sports his entire life, it's such a passion for him he found a wat to work in the sports industry to be around his love.We were introduced to Damon at the Stanley Cup Finals and he was carrying a full size Stanley Cup replica. As we got to know him we learned about his first love of the Florida Gators and the Tampa Bay Buc.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a fan?

25 years.

Why should you be selected winner in this category?

I always been a big Florida gator fan all my life since i was 4 years old. and i go to the Florida gators football home game with my father since 1990. and still going. When the Gators play away , i go to Gators Cafe at John Pass in Treasure Island FL to watch the gator game with some other Gators fans and also with another Ultimate gator fan , King Gator. i also cheer on my Florida gators men's basketball team , Men's Baseball team , Lady Gators softball team. Back home in Tampa , i am a big support to my Tampa sports team of the lightning , Buccaneers and the TB rays . No matter where i am at to watch the game, i,m either at home , at a block party or at the game , i show my support to my home team . win or loose i show my good sportsmanship to the opposing fans . 

What triggered your passion for sports?

Attending the gator football game when i was a child.

Favorite sports moment?

On Nov. 22, 1997 Florida vs Florida State at Gainsville Fl . My father and I witness the greatest game at the swamp , when our Florida gators defeated the top rank Florida State Seminoles 32 - 29 victory and knock'em out of a chance for the National Title . 

Who would you like to meet and why?

I mostly like to meet the 1996 Heisman Trophy Winner Danny Wuerffel , b/c he was one of the greatest quarterback of the history for the Florida Gators football program in the the 90's.

How does your family feel about your passion for sports?

My mother is very proud of my creativity , passion , and sportsmanship. My Old Man think i get too excited . 

How was your character created?

I have different type of style outfit for different sporting event . Florida Gators > Football and Basketball Jersey , and 1930's / 1940's green fedora hat. Tampa Lightning > Hockey Jersey Tampa Bay Rays and Tampa Bay Buccaneers > T-Shirts Pink Long Sleeve shirt to support breast cancer awareness in Oct. an Honor of my late great Aunt Bess . I am a woodcrafts man , and i make some creative trophies to show my spirit and my support to my favorite team. wooden super bowl trophy > i have some friends who cheer on their favorite NFL team ,Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Patriots , Packers , Ravens , Dolphins , Bills , Steelers. i let them get their picture taking with the super bowl trophy during the super bowl weekend handcrafted Stanley Cup > got the Tampa Bay Linghtning Fans really excited since Game one for the Stanley Cup Finals . Both Lightning and Blackhawks fan love my creative work, and i let both lightning and blackhawks fans get their picture taken with the cup including the mayor in Tampa. Florida Gators > SEC championship belt and the National Championship belt . NOT only these championship belt are for the Florida Gators football program , its for every Florida Gators Sporting Program .

How important is it for you to have an Award Show for fans?

I think its important to show the teams how much we love them. 

What would winning the What A Fan Awards mean to you?

I would be very proud to be recognized for my passion for my Florida Gators .

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 

No comments:

Post a Comment