Monday, August 24, 2015

Dylan Hershberger, What A Fan Awards Amazing Kids Fan Nominee

Say hello to Dylan Hershberger, 2015 What A Fan Awards Amazing Kids Fan Nominee. This Cleveland Browns fan is truly one amazing fan, he's also a great kid... We've watched this young man, along with his father, organize his own fundraiser to attend this events event. The truly remarkable part of this is any money raised greater then what he needs for his trip to Orlando, he's donating to charity. Kudo's young man!

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a fan?

I'm 8yrs old, all my life.

Why should you be selected winner in this category?

I love The Browns more than anyone else could love their team! 

What triggered your passion for sports?

My dad and grandpa are big fans, and I always liked watching games with them!

Favorite sports moment?

I got pregame field passes for Browns vs Steelers. Got to meet Rick Dale from American Restoration tv show while on the field. Then the Browns beat the Steelers! 

Who would you like to meet and why?

I have met a few players, but id like to meet the whole team, cuz I love them all!

What charitable programs are you involved with?

I am in boy scouts, sometimes we help at the church, or visit the nursing home. We just helped with memorial day ceremonies.

How does your family feel about your passion for sports?

My mom thinks I'm silly (in a good way) My Dad loves taking me to the games and cheering with me!  

Tell us why you love your team or sport?

I love The Cleveland Browns for a lot of reasons. My dad and grandpa took me to my first game. They had fun yelling and cheering for them. Now, I have fun going to games with my dad doing the same thing! I like having fun watching the games with all the other fans too, and celebrating with them when The Browns score or win! I get mad when The Browns lose, but my dad told me its important to support your team (and family and friends, too) no matter what. I try to make everyone happy even when we are losing. My favorite player was Jabaal Sheard, but he plays for the New England patriots now.I liked him because he was strong and tackled hard. He was very nice to me when we got to meet him. I wish he didn't leave. Ill always be his fan, but will never like the Patriots! I think my new favorite player will be our new guy, Danny Shelton. He looks really tough! My dad says most kids like the quarterback, running back, or wide receiver. I mostly like the tough guys that tackle people. I also h ave fun going to Browns Training Camp. Its fun watching the players practice. I got picked to practice on their indoor field once! I learned a lot! I like when they sign autographs too. During practice last year, two players remembered me and came over to high five me! Sometimes we like to go to special events where they have Browns players. One rime we went to a charity bowling thing. Me and dad got to meet, eat with, and bowl with a few players. I even got to arm wreatle some and I always won! We also got to go to Joe Hadens charity softball game. It was fun watching football players play softball. Another time, I was picked to be part of a small group to meet Ben Tate. He didnt stau a Brown long but it was still cool! He signed his 1st autograph as a Brown for me! I met my dads favorite Browns player as a child, Bernie Kosar. Dad was really excited. I met 3 players that are in the Football Hall of Fame! Thats a fun place to learn about football. Joe Delamilleur, Leroy Kelly, and Paul Warfield. Dad and Grandpa had to tell me about them. I think it is cool that the players care about and spend time with their fans in so many ways! That's why I like them so much! Then it makes me want to cheer even louder for them at the games! I like watching the Indians and Cavs too, but me and dad love the Browns more than anything! We are always anxious for football season to start again. I love dressing up in my Browns gear and being a Super Kid Fan for a SUPER team! The Cleveland Browns! I would be happy to win the award for all the fans, and the team that I love! 

How was your character created?

We went to a road game in Indianapolis and wanted to do something cool to show people how wild and dedicated Browns fans are, and to support our team. And we picked everything out together at the store without a plan.

Tell us a humorous story about you or your team?

I met Ben Tate. He surprised me and threw me up in the air, it surprised me and scared me. Everyone laughed at my reaction! 

What would winning the What A Fan Awards mean to you?

I have had my picture in the paper, and met players, but this would make me really happy! I love The Browns and would be a great representative of their AWESOME fans!

 Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 

No comments:

Post a Comment