Saturday, August 22, 2015

Nick A. Ficorelli, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Meet Nick A. Ficorelli ll, 2015 What A Fan Awards Online Media/Blog Nominee. When the combination of quality content and passionate sports fan meet you get Nick. Sports fans have for as long as the games have been played offer their opinions both good and bad, Nick finds a way to be informative and entertaining. You may just learn a thing or two about the sports you love.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
What's your favorite sport or team?

Minnesota Vikings.

How long have you been a fan?

Thirty (30) years.

Why should you be selected winner in this category?

I have put in 3 long hard years perfecting my craft. I began as a sub for a friend's radio show, and people started taking notice what I was doing. Soon, I started a show called TSC Saturday Night, and it took off. But something was missing. I didn't want to be one fish in the ocean, so I decided to take some time off and re-brand my show. I came up with "The Mad Scientist's Sports Lab" and the rest as they say is history. The Slogan - "The Beacons Are Lit, The Experiments Are On The Chalk Board, and The Test Subjects Are Rolling In - Be Prepared for Sports Talk At Its Best, The Mad Scientist's Sports Lab Is Open for Class"

What trigger your passion for sports?

I was burn into a family in which sports was a religion, and of course, I followed suit. My first game that I ever remember watching was Super Bowl XI, and from then on, I have been hooked. Through all good times and bad, I always shared my passion for sports. It can be a great crutch for healing, it can be a great discussion topic, and of course, it helps to meet new friends. 

Favorite sports moment?

1980 Miracle On Ice.

Who would you like to meet and why?

Mike Eruzione, Captain of the 1980 USA Hockey Team - just to say thank you, and to shake his hand for what he did in helping heal a country that was suffering a low in morale. 

What charitable programs are you involved with?

Parents of Autistic Children, SEPAC, Autism Warritors.

How do your family feel about your passion?

They love my passion, and they follow my every move on air. 

How was your character created?

2014, people started calling me "The Mad Scientist" because I would give our whacky, yet very clear and concise opinions, and I took that, molded it over time, and created "The Mad Scientist's Sports Lab"

How important is it to you to have an Award Show for fans?

It is incredibly important. I am of the adage that the independent scene is where everyone wants their voice to be heard, yet it continuously gets drowned out. The people I admire and think of as my peers and colleagues are the grinders who put forth the effort to hone and perfect their craft on air and in print, and never stop doing so. 

What would winning the What A Fan Awards mean to you?

It would mean that I have put in the work, I have honed my craft, and that it makes me want to continue to work to bring my voice out further for the fans..

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 

No comments:

Post a Comment