Monday, August 17, 2015

William Ford, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Meet William Ford, 2015 What A Fan Awards Nominee for the NFL Fan of the Year Category. Bills passion for Patriots football drives him to super fanatic powers. This mild mannered man turns into the Patriots superman fan on game day.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
 What triggered your passion for sports?


I grew up in the late 60's when being a Boston Patriot fan meant being laughed at and ridiculed by other NFL teams and their fans, fortunately for me I had a GREAT Dad that installed a strong fandom allegiance in me, I remember watching him every week in front of the TV just waiting for that magic moment every fan waits for, even in Jan 1971 when then owner Billy Sullivan got ticked at Boston and moved the team to Foxboro he even wanted to wipe the name Boston from the team name so he added his family's house street name Bay State Patriots and things went from bad to worse, the newspapers headlines started 'Lets make some noise for your B.S. Patriots needless to say that only lasted 2 months so in March 1971 the New England Patriots were born. Thru it all my Dads and my passion never waived and my Dad would always say at the end of each season that the Patriots were destined for greatness.

Favorite sports moment? 

My Favorite Sports moment would have to be New years Eve 1978 watching my dads eyes come alive as the Patriots hosted their first ever Playoff game against the Houston Oilers even tho they lost my Dad just said I told you they were destined for greatness and this is only the beginning....

Who would you like to meet and why?

 I would love to meet Steve Grogan because i would love to thank him for all the great years he gave me and my Dad as Fans.

How does your family feel about your fandom? 

They all think I'm crazy for going as far over board as i do for my fandom but love me for it at the same time.

What would winning the What A Fan Award mean to you?

Winning a what a fan award would really be the highlight of my life and a way to not only celebrate my fandom but my fathers as well even tho he passed a few years back it would bring him closer to me in a way.

 Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference   

No comments:

Post a Comment