Thursday, August 20, 2015

Gabriel Jaquez, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Meet Gabriel Jaquez, 2015 What A Fan Awards NFL Fan of the Year Nominee. This supportive Buffalo Bills die-hard is known as SuperBill. We have certainly seen some amazing Bills fans who have themselves been Nominated but this guy is one super dude. He is another fan with that inclusive quality we love, fans from around the country seem to admire him and his passion as do we.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How have you been a fan?

Since 1992

Why should you be selected winner in the category?

I've been a Die Hard Fan since 1992 of a struggling franchise after the Jim Kelly era. I have always stayed true and faithful to the team I bleed Red, White, and Blue for!

What triggered your passion for sports?

I played a lot of different sports growing up. My father was a pitcher in the Dominican Republic and got me into sports. It was a good friend of mine I consider a brother who got me into Football and the Bills!

Favorite sports moment?

When I was 8 I got to meet Jim Kelly and get his autograph. It was no ordinary card. It was a Jets Safety card Jim just happened to be in the card, on the ground, after he got sacked. The look on Jim's face when I had him sign that card was priceless!

Who would you like to meet and why?

I'd really like to meet Thurman Thomas. He was the only autograph I didn't get on my football when I went to training camp in 93.

What charitable programs are you involved with?

Bills Fan Thunder

What does your family think about your passion?

They expect it out of me, I'm the goof in the family.

What would winning this Award mean to you?

It would mean a lot to me as the past couple years have been very difficult for me. I was a healthy, very active young man before getting in a car wreak at work left me with some spinal issues and nerve damage. Being a Fan is really the only thing that makes me forget about it and actually makes me feel normal again.

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 

No comments:

Post a Comment