Saturday, August 22, 2015

Demario A. Scott, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Meet Demario A. Scott, 2015 What A Fan Awards Ultimate Sports Fan of the Year Nominee. Anyone that lives in Atlanta Georgia has heard the term HotLanta or Rise Up, Demario is representing both! This guy is truly a sports fanatic, you name it and he's going or watching somewhere. What has made him such a stand out is the number of new fans he's introduced to sports and turned them into fanatics. He's passionate, devoted and inclusive in all the sports he loves.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
What's your favorite sport?

I have no favorite sport. I love all sports. My teams are the Atlanta Falcons, Atlanta Braves, Atlanta Hawks and Georgia Bulldogs.    

How long have you been a fan?

I've been a fan 22 years.

Why should you be selected winner in this category?

I should be chosen the winner of my category because I have a true passion for sports. I don't know what I would do without sports. I love the energy I get because of it. Sports are my life. I eat, sleep, and breathe sports. The love I have for my home teams is unmeasureable. My teams aren't chosen based on championships or the star of a team. I am not a bandwagon or fairweather fan. I am very knowledgeable about valuable information regarding my teams such as stats and rosters from many years. I showcase my teams on a daily basis whether it's a hat, lanyard, socks, tshirt, shorts, glasses, etc. Considering myself to be a true fan, I continuously defend my team's reputation and remain optimistic. Our records may not be perfect, but I am always looking forward to a new year. I will never give up on the home teams despite their performance. True fans don't abandon their teams after a losing season. Win, lose, or tie I am a home team fan til I die! Not only is my loyalty unwavering, but to show my love and dedication to the home teams, I travel two, sometimes three or more hours for games, camps, and any other team sponsored events quite frequently. I am there from start to finish. My friends and I are one of many at the beginning of lines waiting for gates to be opened and the last to leave. I do not under any circumstances leave before a game ends because my team may be performing under my expectations. Actually, I'm there so long, I've been asked to leave. I don't just walk the walk, I talk the talk. Choosing to lead by example of what a true fan is, I have been able to network with other amazing fans, true die hard home team fans and they inspire me to go even harder for my teams. I love it when we all get together for sporting events. As I've gotten to meet and get to know new people, the peer involvement and team spirit within the fan base has also increased. I am well respected with the home team fan base. There are quite a few people who look up to me because the knowledge of my teams and sports in general runs so deep. I am often asked for my opinion regarding various sports related events and told that my opinions are valued. That means a lot to me. My passion, excitement, and dedication to the home teams speaks for itself. I would be delighted to be the next what-a-fan award recipient. I truly believe that I deserve it. I am the definition of a true fan and I wear it well. 

What triggered your passion for sports?

As a kid my cousins introduced me to basketball, football and softball. We played from sun up to sun down and my love for sports grew from there.

Favorite sports moment?

My favorite sports moment has to be meeting, Dominique Wilkins and being on national tv during Atlanta Falcons and Atlanta Hawks games. 

Who would you like to meet and why?

I would love to meet Hank Aaron, He's one of the best baseball players to ever play the game. He played the game the right way and at a time when being black and baseball wasn't too popular. I would love to thank him for his bravery and determination despite the racism. I respect this guy so much.

What charitable programs are you involved with?

I' am not currently involved with any charities.

How does your family feel about your passion for sports?

My family support me in everything I do. They do understand my love for sports and they think i'm at times crazy when it comes to my teams.  

How was your character created?

My game day outfit isn't out of the box. I normally wear jersey's , snapbacks or fitted hats and my colored glasses. That's what I prefer. 

How important is it to you to have an Award Show for fans?

It's very important. Fans were never recognized until now. This is an awesome idea.

What would it mean to you to win the What A Fan Awards?

Winning this award would be simply amazing, It will let other fans know we as fans aren't going unnoticed. There is someone out their that appreciate what we do as fans and recognizing what we do. 

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 

3 comments:

  1. Lesgo!!!! I'm rooting for ya brother #AtlantaFalcons #DirtyBirdNation #BirdGang #FOE #PictureMan #FanMan #RiseUp

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete