Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Sean Kirkwood, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Meet Sean Kirkwood, 2015 What A Fan Awards AFL Fan of the Year Nominee. This category has been a surprise to everyone at What A Fan, we didn't realize how passionate these indoor Arena Football fans were. This Arizona Rattlers super fans truly represents his teams bite.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a fan?

Eight (8) years

What triggered your passion for sports?

Grew up loving to watch the Suns and Raiders play.

Favorite sports moment?

First time I wore my costume to a Rattlers game. The reaction of the fans was fun, and when the cameramen saw me and immediately started filming, I knew I had nailed it!

Who would you like to meet?

Howie Long. As a player, he was amazing, but he is even more so as a person!

What charitable programs are you involved with?

I donate mostly to charities of friends and family who are affected by cancer or other fatal diseases.

How does your family feel about your passion?

They think I have lost my mind. I wear a full length leather coat in summer... in Arizona!

How was your character created?

I wanted to be a person turning into a rattlesnake, so I searched for a mask maker that could create that mask, looked in various costume shops for boots and the hat, went to the Renaissance Fair where I saw the full-length jacket I wear and the gloves, and got the rattlesnake stick online. Took a few months, and a few thousand dollars!

Tell us something humorous about you?

First time I went to a Rattlers game in costume, the Rattlers announced that they had just gotten a new mascot. The lady behind me leaned forward and asked, " Is that you? " I answered, " No, I don't think this is what the Rattlers would have in mind..."

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference   

No comments:

Post a Comment