Saturday, August 22, 2015

Buco Pat Dotson, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Meet Pat "Buco" Dotson, 2015 What A Fan Awards NFL Fan of the Year Nominee. This die-hard Tampa Bay Buccaneer fan has been on our radar for a number of years. He is a member of the What The Buc Club, supports his NHL team and and proud new father.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
What's your favorite sport or team?

Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

How long have you been a fan?

Since I was 6 months old when I got my first piece of Buccaneer memorabilia.

What triggered your passion for sports?

My parents were big sports fans and when I got about 4 years old my mom got me playing tee ball and it went from there,I played baseball till I was 15,,I played volleyball since I was 12, I played JV football when I was in high school at Hillsborough High School and I've played other sports like basketball,soccer,and bowling my whole life.Ive been involved with sports my whole life.

Favorite sports moment?

My favorite sports moment was Super Bowl 37 when the Buccaneers won the Lombardi Trophy,as a Tampa Native and a super fan of the Buccaneers no other Sports moment could match that night.

Who would you like to meet and why?

I would like to meet Rodger Goodell, and the reason why I would like to meet him is to be able to personally tell him how bad he has made the NFL,which now I call the No Fun League.  

What charitable programs are you involved with?

I work with a lot of charity groups the two main groups I work with this What The Buc Really Matters which as a " KREWE MEMBER" of What The Buc which is the only Hall Of Fame recognized Bucs group in the state of FL,we do numerous charity events like peanut butter drives,collect school supplies,jeans,clothes,nonperishable food items,we collect money for the homeless,we do cereal drives and one of my favorite things we do is on Fourth Of July,the Krewe goes to the VA here in Tampa and give our Vets American flags and Buccaneer memorabilia and we thank every single one of them for serving our great country. I also do Charity stuff for Fans Against Child Abuse, I have been able to help spread the word of this cause by having banners hung up at A Pony league baseball park here in Tampa, I have also help spread the word of this cause by promoting it on social media,email and word of mouth. I have also done charity events for Car Credit of Tampa, One Voice Foundation,,Voices For Children, Jackson In Action83,, Feeding Children Everywhere Tampa Bay,and also various charity events for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

How does your family feel about your passion for sports?

My family supports me 110 percent,they love the fact that I give so much back to my community.

How was your character created?

I've actually have had multiple costumes but the one I love the most and is the one I use now is from Pirates Of The Caribbean.

What would winning the What A Fan Awards mean to you?

Winning the What A Fan Award would mean the world to me,, I have dedicated my whole life to sports as a whole and honestly wouldn't know what id do if sports weren't around, I've also dedicated my whole life to being a Bucs fan, from the time I was 6 months old to the present, I've spent 21
years.

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment