Monday, August 24, 2015

LIL ORNG, What A Fan Awards Amazing Kids Fan Nominee

Say hello to Chase "LIL ORNG" Madsen, 2015 What A Fan Awards Amazing Kids Fan Nominee. We've seen kids that aspire to be like their favorite college of professional athlete but to see a young fan that wants to be like another super fan is just awesome. This young Phoenix Suns fan is taking up the mantle of his follow Nominee, Mr ORNG.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a fan?

Since 2008.

Why should you be selected winner in this category?

I should be a chosen winner of the Kids Super Fans award because I love to cheer on my favorite NBA team, the Phoenix Suns, and I like to dress as Lil ORNG. When I dress as my Lil ORNG character, I feel special and part of the team. Cheering for my team makes me happy and I like to think that I played a part in the team winning. And when I do dress as Lil ORNG, I don't have to think about my cancer or how people look at me because my hair is falling out. I love the Phoenix Suns and I will keep cheering them on, no matter how long it takes to get the NBA championship title.

What triggered your passion for sports?

Both my parents were athletic growing up and they showed me how to play different sports when I was younger. We love to watch the NFL, NBA, and my school basketball and volleyball teams play. I enjoy cheering for my favorite teams because it gets me excited and makes me happy.

Favorite sports moment?

My favorite sports moment was the last game of the Phoenix Suns. That day I got to go to their morning shoot around and meet the coaching staff and players. That was the most exciting part of my sports life.

Who would you like to meet and why?

I would like to meet Michael Jordan because he's part of NBA history and a great basketball player. I was only a year old when he retired from the NBA. I have seen a lot of videos of Jordan's NBA games and he gets me all pumped up. Jordan holds many basketball titles and accomplishments, and I could only imagine what that would be like. His Space Jam movie showed a funny side to him and that also got me into basketball. To meet Micheal Air Jordan would be a dream come true.

What charitable programs are you involved with?

I participated in the Penny Wars at my school. That was to raise money for children with rare diseases. Also, I helped my 6th grade class win second place for donating 280 lbs of canned food during the holidays for needy families.

How does your family feel about your passion for sports?

My family loves that I'm so passionate about sports, especially my mom. My mom was the one to get me excited about the Phoenix Suns team. Also, my dad and I can debate about NFL teams. I have become my parents' cheering buddies during the NFL and NBA seasons. We can talk about different players and have in depth conversations about the teams.

Tell us why you love your team or player?

My favorite NBA player is Gerald Green, who use to be a Phoenix Suns guard. Even though he was traded to the Miami Heat, he will still be my favorite player. The first time I seen Green play, I knew he would be my favorite player of the NBA. He is unique because of his 9 1/2 fingers. His slam dunk accident from his childhood years didn't limit his ability to be a great dunker. I love his dunks and the hang time he gets in the air. Not only are his dunks insane, but he can get his team back into the game with his three pointers. He is a great player with awesome talent and skill. My most favorite Green dunk was the pass off the back board to himself and then go up for the slam dunk!! He is the coolest player I met and the kindest. On the last game day, I got to meet Gerald Green in person. I talked with him and he signed my hat and basketball. He gives me hope for beating my cancer. Green is the fighter to get his team back up and I want to be that kind of person with my family.

How important is it to you to have an Award Show for fans?

I think it is very important to have an award show for fans. The fans are the ones that get the players pumped up and help cheer them on to a win. And fans can cheer against their team's opponents. The home court advantage is always the best because of the fans. Sports fans should be recognized because without them, any sport would be dull and boring.

What would winning the What A Fan Awards mean to you?

I think it is very important to have an award show for fans. The fans are the ones that get the players pumped up and help cheer them on to a win. And fans can cheer against their team's opponents. The home court advantage is always the best because of the fans. Sports fans should be recognized because without them, any sport would be dull and boring.

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 


No comments:

Post a Comment