Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Greta Bryant, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Meet Greta Bryant, one of the lovely members of the Wig Ladies and 2015 What A Fan Awards Tailgate Club Nominee. This ladies mean business when it comes to supporting their St. Louis Cardinals. They're dedicated, loyal, compassionate fans with great hair!

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a fan?

Since I went to my first Cardinals game with my Dad when I was 8 years old. I am now 58, so 50 years!!!!!

Why should you be selected winner in this category?

Well, Janie Goss and all of us are so dedicated to out Birds that we wear our Cardinals gear even when we aren't at games. We are at the ball park on every home weekend, and even have special chants, cheers and dances for the games. As you can see in our picture, we go all out !

What triggered your passion for sports?

Our Dad was a lifelong Cardinals fan, and he passed that love to my sisters and me. I also went to local HS basketball and football games with my Dad.

Favorite sports moment?

Game 6 of the 2011 World Series!

Who would you like to meet and why?

Barack Obama. I have a great deal of respect for him, and I would love to shake his hand! In sports, I would love to meet Yadier Molina and tell him what a great catcher that he is.

How does your family feel about your passion?

My husband loves it. My sons (both grown) love sports as much as I do, though they don't root for my teams, so they love it too!

How was your character created?

We just come up with an outfit that uses wigs, Cardinal gear and a lot of fun! The idea is to wear something that shows our support and also let's us just have a ball!

How important is an Award for fans to you? 

I think that having an award for fans is a great way to acknowledge the importance of fans of ALL sports teams! (Thanks for coming up with this!)

 Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference   


No comments:

Post a Comment