Monday, August 24, 2015

Donovan Narvaiz, What A Fan Awards Amazing Kids Fan Nominee

Say hello to Donovan "Predhead 79" Narvaiz, 2015 What A Fan Awards Amazing Kids Fan Nominee. This young man is an Arena Football League fanatic. He's one of the most dedicated fans you could ever imagine. Not just crazy about the sport he's knowledgeable as well. We'd put his passion up against any adult fan in any sport there is out there.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a fan?

Four (4) years.

Why should you be selected winner in this category?

I should be a chosen winner because I get the crowd hyped for our games. I have so much energy and love for my team and our club the PredHeads. I just love football!  

What triggered your passion for sports?

I played a game of basketball with my friends at school and I liked the competition. My dad asked if I wanted to try football and I said yes. I didn't realize how much I would like football until I played and learned more. I started watching NFL on TV and going to Predator games. I even play for the East Orlando Junior Predators. 

Favorite sports moment?

I have two favorite sports moments. My first one is when I caught my first pass as tight end while playing for the Junior Predators. The other is this year when the Preds were in overtime against Tampa Bay and we won with the two point conversion.

Who would you like to meet and why?

I would like to meet Barry Wagner because he is know for his Miracle Minute and is a great football player with a great record. He is also one of the first players for the Predators. 

What charitable programs are you involved with?

I have been involved with Fans Against Child Abuse and I did a photo shoot with the PredHeads. I have done the Back To School Programs and handed out backpacks and supplies. Me and some of my teammates all did the Debbie Turner Cancer Fundraiser. I have also participated in the MAGIC program at school that is Mentoring, Advising, Guiding, Instructing Children. My family also collects and drops off food for the Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida. I do Safety Patrol at my school too.

How does your family feel about your passion for sports?

I know my mom and dad get a little embarrassed when I get super crazy all over the jumbo tron. They give me what I need and support everything I do. I'm glad my dad showed me about football. 

Tell us why you love your sport or team?

I love the Orlando Predators because of what they stand for. The last couple of years that Coach Keefe has been here it is more about family. A lot of the players and Coach Keefe have come to my games to support the Junior Predators which is super cool. I like that even when they lose or are mad they still give us high fives, take pictures, and sign balls. I have favorite players for different reasons. Erick McIntosh has done a lot with me and my family like take pictures, come to games, talk to me like I am his friend, and done charity events. This year I am liking Brandon Thompkins, I think I am like him when we play football. We have to get into our groove then there is no stopping us. I am happy we are back at the Amway it’s our home and it’s more fun. I like Coach Keefe for the way he coaches and treats the fans. I like watching him jump around and get excited like me! He makes his team play like brothers and they are one unit not just one person. Some of the owners of the team have helped me meet some of the players. Mr. York got me the gloves from one of my favorite players #15 Prechae Rodriguez when he ripped them on the field. I even made friends with the grown-ups around our seats and they sometimes give shirts to my brother or sister. I just love that everyone is a dedicated fan like me, and are always high flying and screaming for our team. I am proud to be PredHead #79 and be part of our club. We are die-hard fans that support and do things with the Orlando Predators. I like that our club and team are coming together as one. I love that Erick McIntosh was one player that came out on the field in one of our PredHeads! It shows us that they appreciate what we do for them and it was awesome. I can’t forget about our pretty cheerleaders they are friendly and also have come to my games. I like watching my sister dance like them. It was cool this year that the Orlando Predators let my team come on the field and be in the intro line before the games. They even let my team do a flag game during half time this year, that was cool. I like the different sponsors this year, I really want a Lazy Boy chair to watch one of the games. It’s more fun now that my whole family comes. Me and brother have contests to see who can get our favorite camera man’s attention to be on the jumbo Tron most. I just really love the Orlando Predators and glad that I have players to look up to since I want to play in college. I get to see how things should be done and people should be treated. I like the feel of Arena Football games, I love being so close to all the action. It gets me excited for my season games, training, and future career in football. Let’s Go Predators!!!!!!

How was your character created?

I played for the Junior Predators and already had a jersey. I got my Predhead made by Mr. Richard and got it for Christmas. I started collecting rings and necklaces. Mr. Richard gave me my first ring which was cool. 

Tell us a humorous story about you or your team?

I thought it was funny when some players came to my game and Erick McIntosh almost got kicked of the field or got us a penalty because they were so excited about the play.

What would winning the What A Fan Awards mean to you?

I would love to win this award so that my team and club knows how much I support them! They are such good players and Coaches. I learned alot from them over the years. I want other kids to know that its ok to be crazy about something you love. Go Predators!

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 


9 comments:

  1. This kid deserves it more than anybody. He is a fantastic and wild kid. He is the face of this club and the Orlando Predators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Pretty cool kid I must say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant express how much he deserves this award! He is always in the stands on his feet and getting the crowd going. If you attend Orlando Predator games then you know what an inspiration he is! Congrats on the nomination Donovan!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very well said ... Donovan is a great kid with a great family ...he truly deserves this award ...like everyone I an so proud of this young man !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations and best of luck! Predator Fans like you are what makes our organization most proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say about Donovan? Intelligent,Enthusiastic,Humbled are just a few words to describe him.His participation in our clubs charitable events is contagious.Like the time he got up on stage at the Back to School Program and started dancing,people started crowding the front of the stage clapping,dancing,taking pics & video.He is the embodiment of Predhead and a worthy nominee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big time fan of Prednation and the Predators. We believe in starting our fans early. Let's get some votes for this young man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Donovan is the Ultimate fan!! An amazing kid and a fan that everyone should look up to! He supports his team!!

    ReplyDelete