Saturday, August 22, 2015

Ron Fasano, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Meet Ron "EagleElvis" Fasano, 2015 What A Fan Awards NFL Fan of the Year Nominee. This Philadelphia Eagles fan has been channeling the spirit of Elvis, we assume he was a Eagles fan. Elvis or not Ron's passion for his Eagles runs deep.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a fan?

My entire life, 47years.

Why should you be selected winner in this category?

Dedication, I have been a season ticket holder sine the mid 70's and I have been dressing as EagleElvis since the 2004 season, I am a died in the wool Eagles Fan. 

What triggered your passion for sports?

I love Football and Baseball, but Football is my first love I am a junkie, I was born into it.

Favorite sports moment?

Wow there are so many, the first Eagles Superbowl in 1980 in particular the 1979 Championship Game when we beat Dallas to go to the Superbowl.......coming in a close second was when Desean Jackson's punt return for a TD capped a 4 TD come from behind victory over the NY Giants up at the Meadowlands.....Miracle #2 at the Meadowlands 

Who would you like to meet and why?

Wow Jeffery Laurie the Eagles Owner I would love to just sit and talk with about the team, the city and the over experience of owning the Philadelphia Eagles.

What charitable programs are you involved with?

As an Elvis Tribute Artist we as a group are connected with and raise money for St. Judes Hospital, Locally I raised money for CHOP Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia.

How does your family feel about your passion?

They Love it and are very supportive, my poor wife has to put up with the mess for about a month while i make my costumes but she is supportive.

How was your character created?

I have always dressed as Elvis for Halloween and the Eagles game in 2004 against the Ravens fell on Halloween. So made my Elvis outfit with an Eagles theme and wore it to the game and thats how it started. 

How important is it to you to have an Award Show for fans?

It would give the fans an opportunity to express themselves, a voice so to speak and a place to share our devotions with other like minded fans.

What would winning the What A Fan Awards mean to you?

It would certainly give me personal recognition, it would give my favorite team recognition but most importantly it would include me in that special group we call sports fans. 

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 


No comments:

Post a Comment