Sunday, August 30, 2015

Phinja Turtle, What A Fan Awards Amazing Kids Fan Nominee

Say hello to Richard "Phinja Turtle" Roth Jr, 2015 What A Fan Awards Amazing Kids Fan of the Year Nominee. This young Miami Dolphins fan and family are a great example of keeping it all in the family. His character was well thought out and perfect. Miami has some pretty outgoing characters and costumed fans and this young man fits right in.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a fan?

Since I was born 8 yrs.

Why should you be selected winner in this category?

Because I bleed Aqua and Orange every day even in the off season.

What triggered your passion?

Having fun doing it.  

Favorite sports moment?

Last yr I got to go on the field for the flag ceremony at the Dolphins-Chargers game and at half time got to be on the field when Manny Fernandez got put in The Ring of Honor and was part of the group of people the made up the 75 on the field. 

Who would you like to meet and why?

I would like to meet Ryan Tannehill cause he is my favorite QB besides Dan Marino and I already got his autograph. Lol

What charitable programs are you involved with?

I helped my dad do the Million Meal Oack at the Dolphins Training Facility. And volunteer any chance I get With my dad for the Dolphins organization.

How does your family feel about your passion for sports?

My dad is super proud of my that I'm following in his footsteps as a Super Fan.  

In 500 words tell us why you love your favorite team or player?

I love my team because I have so much fun watching football with my dad and have him teach him about the game and the history of my team. The Dolphins are my favorite team because my dad loves them and my dad is Leatherhead so how could I not love that. My favorite player is Ryan Tannehill because he shows how strong he is and does everything he can to improve his game all yr round. 

How was your character created?

I was Michelangelo last year for Halloween and me and my dad thought it would be cool to be him as a Super fan for the Dolphins.

How important is it to you to have an Award Show for fans?

It's very important because the fans are the heart and sole of the NFL and should be acknowledged and appreciated. 

What would winning the What A Fan Awards mean to you?

It would mean a whole lot to know that all the fans appreciate my dedication to my team on and off the field.

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 





No comments:

Post a Comment