Tuesday, August 25, 2015

James Blair, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Meet James Blair, 2015 What A Fan Awards NBA Fan of the Year Nominee. If you don't know the story of this fearless fan watch the attached video. We don't condone this type of behavior at all, we are just sharing with you the story of the amazing sports fan that could have been one of the reasons LeBron went back to Cleveland.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a fan?

Since I was 9-10 years old so about 15 years now.

Why should you be selected winner in this category?

I believe I should win because if you ask anyone that knows me I am one of the most passionate energetic people you will ever meet. And when I do something I put everything I have into it and that's what I did that night I ran on the court to show LeBron we would support his return if he decided to and remind him of the passion us Cleveland fans have. I have followed LeBron and supported him since day one when I watched him play as a Junior in High School and havent missed a beat since.
What triggered your passion for sports?

I watched LeBron James play as a high school junior when I was in 4-5th grade and I witness his passion for the game. The way he went out there and lead his team and worked hard and it inspired me to want to do the same in everything I did! From school to sports to life in general. 

Favorite sports moment?

Running on the court and telling LeBron we would love to have him back and missed him here and Cleveland and then him returning this year!

Who would you like to meet and why?

LeBron James, he started it all for me as a youngin and has provided me with so many amazing sports memories and allowed me to connect and meet so many awesome people. He is a amazing role model and great individual. 

What charitable programs are you involved with?

I have volunteered my time over the years coaching YMCA basketball teams, and assistant coaching little league baseball teams. Giving back to the younger kids is no better feeling.

How does your family feel about your passion for sports?

They learned to embrace it and have became big fans as well. Its hard not to growing up in a family with 4 boys and always watching or participating in sports. Not to mention my crazy passion towards LeBron and the Cavs allows others to gravitate and like them as well. 

How was your character created?

I made my shirt the day of the game where I ran on the court. I wanted to send LeBron a message he had support here in Cleveland still and we would support a return if he decided to, and in the end the King returned!!

How important is it to you to have an Award Show for fans?

I think it is an amazing idea. If it wasn't for us fans their wouldn't be professional sports and they wouldn't make the money to provide for their families like they do. So to have an award show and give back to fans its such a great event. 

What would winning the What A Fan Awards mean to you?

It would mean the world! It would show that it pays off being a fan and to have that recognition to be one of the biggest fans, no one can take that away from you.

 Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference



  

No comments:

Post a Comment