Saturday, August 22, 2015

KC Apeman, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Meet Tanner "KC Apeman" Ford, 2015 What A Fan Awards MLB Fan of the Year Nominee. If you've been to a KC Royals game in the last several years you've probably seen this dedicated fanatic in the stands getting the crowd all riled up. His choice of character maybe concerning for his health in the summer months of Americas past time but for him he's Ape-OK!

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a fan?

My whole life.

Why should you be selected winner in this category?

I Love all sports & my passion is hardcore for all KC teams!!!

What triggered your passion for sports?

Watching them growing up remembering the 85 world series the Royals took!!!! Going to games as a child and always wanting to be a KC athlete!!! 

Favorite sports moment?

85 world series against the Cardinals!!!

Who would you like to meet and why?

Bo Jackson, he was always a legend to me and my favorite athlete!! 

What charitable programs are you involved with?

I support many especially at my work, March of dimes is probably the biggest.

How does your family feel about your passion?

They think I'm crazy but understand, my kids Love it so much. My son wants to take over when I can no longer fulfill the dream!!! 

How was your character created?

Wanted to stick out at Royals games and Kevin Appier was retiring. He was also called apeman!! So it stuck!!

How important is it to you to have an Award Show for fans?

It would be a huge honor and would let my family understand what I'm doing and how many other diehard fans there are that go beyond what I'm able to do.

What would winning the What A Fan Awards mean to you?

It would be a huge accomplishment & recognition to many hours and exhaustion I've put out for the team's I so dearly love!!! 

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 

No comments:

Post a Comment