Thursday, August 27, 2015

Saint Jester, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Meet Claude "Saint Jester" Brown, 2015 What A Fan Awards NFL Fan of the Year Nominee. The New Orleans Saints fan base is one of the most colorful, creative, flamboyant and outgoing group in all the NFL. Saint Jester is all of that and more. This devoted fan is active in many ways in and around is team as well as his compassion for his community. His character fits his character.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a fan?

I have been a fan of the Saints since I was able to start understanding what footbal was all about. I would say 35 die hard years! 

What triggered your passion for sports?

I grew up playing sports at the age of 7 years old. Little league baseball, peewee football, and biddy basketball were my 3 sports I played. I continued playing sports until I graduated high school!

Favorite sports moment?

The 2009-2010 NFL football season was definitely my favorite season of all time. This is when the Saints went 13-3 and was the number 1 seed in the playoffs. We rolled all the way through the playoffs to February 7th 2010 when the Saints did something a lot of people never thought that they would see in a lifetime. That was winning Superbowl 44 on February 7th 2010. I can remember this like yesterday and I will forever cherish this as my favorite moment in sports! WHO DAT! 

Who would you like to meet and why?

I would like to meet Sean Payton because of what he has meant to the Fans and City of New Orleans since hurricane Katrina! He brought Faith, Hope, and Belief back to a city that was devastated by the worst storm in America's history. In 2006 he took a chance on a team that didn't even have a stadium to play in 2005. Sean Payton gave the city something to put a smile on everyone's face at their lowest point in life. He built a team with quarterback Drew Brees that was coming off of a shoulder injury. When no one else thought Drew would ever be the same, Sean Payton, took another chance and has proved why he is one of the best coaches in the NFL. I think any Saints fan would agree that Sean Payton has definitely brought the city and team back together for many enjoyable years! WHO DAT!

What charitable programs are you involved with?

I support HLH disease foundation because of a good friend of mine lost his nephew at the early age of 2 years old. He created a Facebook Group called The New Orleans Saints Nation in memory and to honor Cade.The 2 year old that lost his life to this horrible disease, Cade, nicknamed (Lil Brezzy) was a Saints fan also. He use to tell everybody that, "I Drew Brees", I'm honored to be an administrator and part of this great family group to raise awareness for HLH. I also do other charity events when asked to appear. 

How does your family feel about your passion for sports?

My family know I am a loyal and die hard Saints fan. Sometimes they think I am a little extreme but never the less I have their full support on what I represent.

How was your character created?

It all started on Halloween night October 31st 2006. I wanted to represent my team and the city of New Orleans. I came up with the Black and Gold Jester costume and named my character Saint Jester! I would appear occasionally at Saints games dressed in costume. I have added, changed, and had my Jester costume remade recently. I was able to score rights to season tickets and attend all home games and some away games when possible. Saint Jester is now Trademarked and future merchandise will be sold to raise awareness for HLH. All proceeds donated to HLH disease foundation! 

Share a humorous story with us?

Well besides the past 9 years, the Saints have never been what we all expected and hoped for. I know everyone remembers when people would call us the aint's! Although it's not funny to a die hard fan, a lot of people find humor in the term aint's instead of Saints. I always been a die hard fan even in the rough years of the franchise, that's why I don't find humor in it, but I'm a good sport when other teams still call us that. We also have many sayings and slogans from past years and unroll present. Some of them would be: Bless you Boys, Believe, Faith, Cha Ching, Woomp there it is, and of course my favorite and the most known of all WHO DAT!

What would winning the What A Fan Awards mean to you?

I am already honored that I have been selected as a nominee. I never even dreamed of or thought I would ever be a part of such a great organization. If I was to win the Whatafan Award I would be so proud to represent Louisiana, New Orleans, and my beloved Saints! I am always humbled and would represent Whatafan with nothing but honor, and respect. I thank you for this once in a lifetime recognition and honor for what I do year around for the love of my team! WHO DAT! 

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 

No comments:

Post a Comment