Monday, August 24, 2015

David Doson, What A Fan Awards Nominee

Meet David "Double D, Longhorn Bus" Doson, 2015 What A Fan Awards NCAA Fan of the Year Nominee. David is the real deal Longhorns fan, his Double D Bus is a huge hit a games and his devotion runs deep. He an alumni and a huge fan through and through. His passion turn turn you into a Longhorns fan if you're not careful.

Sports fans have been an important part of the explosive success both collegiate and professional athletics has enjoyed. In 2013 a recognition award show was created to honor fans and their contribution to the sports industry it's called the What A Fan Awards. Its been held in Orlando Florida but will be relocated to Los Angeles California in 2016. Over the coming weeks we're going to introduce you to some of the countries most devoted fans of all genres of sports  in their own words.
How long have you been a fan?

Since I was born.

Why should you be selected winner in this category?

I bleed Burnt Orange. I have always been a fan and when it was time to go to school it was the only college that I applied. I am a graduate from The University of Texas at Austin in 1991 but my passion did not stop there. My house is decked out in burnt orange, my office is decked out in burnt orange, my boat is named Aqua Bevo. I have a school bus we transformed into a Longhorn Tailgate Bus. Everything I do is for Texas. 

What triggered your passion for sports?

Playing YMCA a football as a kid.

Favorite sports moment?

Playing in the state championship for Tennis.

Who would you like to meet and why?

Tom Brady. He is a unbelievable player and a class act.  

What charitable programs are you involved with?

I give to the Salvation Army, the university of Texas foundation. 

How does your family feel about your passion for sports?

they think I'm over the top.

How was your character created?

I've always worn jersey's and cowboy hats to our football games. And now that I have some friends on the team I can get onfield jerseys. Nothing like wearing what the players wear. 

How important is it for you to have an Award Show for fans?

I think it is very important. It is about time the fans started getting honored. They are the reason these sports exist.

What would winning the What A Fan Awards mean to you?

It would mean the world. I would love to take the title back home to Austin and share it with all Longhorn Nation. 

Learn more about the What A Fan Awards by visiting www.whatafanshow.com and if you or someone you know are devoted, passionate and fanatic sports fans let them know they too could be Nominated for this honor! #Fans247 #whatafan #whatafanawards #SportsFansConference 


No comments:

Post a Comment